Have you recently decided to build a new house in Sydney? If so, one of the very first questions that you’ll need to ask yourself before anything can begin is whether you intend to hire a custom home builder in sydney, or whether you’d prefer to work with a production home builder (who builds properties that have present designs).
When comparing these two options, both builder types are great and will likely be able to produce an amazing house for you; however, each does have its specific advantages and disadvantages that should be considered when making the choice.
But to sum it up, a large part of the decision that you’ll have to make will be defined by how unique you’d like your home to be, as well as how much design input you’d have over during the construction and over the final product.
The variance between a custom home builder and a production home builder is actually quite simple. In a nutshell, a production builder is a type of contractor who will build you a home from a set list of designs that have predetermined floor plans and that come with very few opportunities for change or personalization.
However, on the flip side, a custom builder will create a unique home for you that fits your unique preferences. With this, you’ll be able to contribute significantly to the final product and create that dream home that you’d always envisioned as if you were building it by yourself.
Below, we are going to highlight some of the key differences between production builders and custom builders, which will be sure to help you make your decision between the two. So let’s get started…
Most contractors that focus on production building:
- Will provide you with the home and land as a dual package.
- Will offer you a range of potential property designs to construct.
- Will allow you to choose your favorite room styles and designs from set catalogues.
- Build homes that a typically priced cheaper than custom homes in Sydney.
Custom Home Builders
However, on the flip side, a custom home builder typically offers a little more than this. With custom builders:
- You’ll get the option to either build the home on land that you own or land that you’ll provide you.
- You’ll get to work on your very own floor plan or hire a designer to create one that your builder would then build to the letter.
- You’ll be able to work with a separate architect to come up with the property design, or can get a unique house created by your builder.
- And finally, you’ll get to be a whole lot more involved throughout the construction process.
If you’d like to build a beautiful new home in 2021, you should consider hiring our company for the job (XB Projects). Our expertise and experience in home construction will be sure to come in handy when it comes to helping you build the perfect house. If you’d like to find out more about what we offer as home builders, click HERE.
So what are you waiting for? Contact us today and we’ll help you build the house of your dreams!